There are important questions that you should ask
when using a buyer’s agent to purchase your next home
- Will you show me all the homes that meet my needs, including For Sale by Owner homes?
- Will you guarantee me your undivided loyalty?
- Will you guarantee me that you will not represent any seller at any time while you are working for me?
- Will you point out all the negative aspects of each property as well as the positive aspects so I will be fully informed when making my decision?
- Do you have any agreements with Sellers that might limit your ability to tell me everything you know about the seller and their reasons for selling?
- Will you provide information on comparable sales and help me with an offer price & negotiating strategy?
- Do you have a list of professionals that you recommend?
- Do you or your company ever list homes for sale? If they say yes, they aren’t an exclusive buyer’s agent.
- Will you promise not to change our relationship to a “dual agency”, designated agent”, or any other form of agency that offers reduced levels of service and could compromise my negotiating position?